International Women’s Day is for EVERY woman!
Throughout my life, both personally and professionally, I have had the pleasure of crossing paths with some outstanding women. This International Women’s Day, I’d like to celebrate 3 of the women that have inspired me and share their stories, which I hope will inspire others.
- Kim launched her executive search business, Exeter Search, at the height of the pandemic.
- She’s a French-speaking Brit living in Paris, and previously in Brussels
- She’s spent 10 years recruiting reputation, communications and corporate affairs specialists for global organisations
Three things that characterise Kim
- She sees an opportunity and seizes it!
Kim’s decision to launch her business during the pandemic was daring but firmly based on her convictions and experience. As more businesses started to recognise the increasing importance of reputation to business success in times of crises, Kim saw an opportunity to leverage her expertise, and took it! “There’s positivity in the market, a shifting and evolving space creates opportunities and clients are looking at mid to long-term projects. I feel very lucky to be where I am right now.”
- She is an expert connector… and very curious!
As a champion connector and networker, Kim’s curiosity is one of the fundamentals behind all her personal and professional relationships. She believes that showing genuine interest in someone else helps build strong authentic relationships and lasting connections. “When you connect with sincerity, you receive sincerity.”
- She’s one of the most professional, disciplined people I’ve ever met
Kim takes thorough to a different level! She views her involvement with an organisation as a privileged opportunity to get a first-hand, intimate view of a business or a sector, taking the time to do a deep dive into their markets, customer-base and learn about what’s important to them and where they are at that particular moment in time. “I take my work very seriously. Hiring the right candidate to take care of a company’s brand and reputation is a really important mission that I’m entrusted to carry out. So yes, I do my research!”